How To Deal With Mold Problems

There are a few things less pleasant than a mold problem in your San Diego house. You may notice that mold is sprouting up in your house by sighting patches of black in your bathroom or living room. Noticing patches of black that are splotchy in their appearance? That’s black mold.

Noticing a strange, mildew like smell that is very stuffy? That is another sign of black mold, very common in San Diego. You may notice that there is a smell distinct to mold. Mold makes its presents known through visibility and scent, so make sure that you take these cues and get rid of that mold once and for all. Here are four ways that are viable for getting rid of mold. If you are uncomfortable with any of these, you may want to hire a San Diego mold remediation company to do the work for you.

#4: Bleach

The most effective way to get rid of mold in your house is to put bleach on the spot where it’s growing. Bleach effectively kills the spores that help mold to reproduce. You should take a spray bottle and fill it 1/20th of the way with bleach and the rest with water. You should then spray the affected area where you can see the black mold is rising up.

You may choose to spray the area in your tub, shower tile or underneath the plumbing in your bathroom. You want to make sure to spray all areas of your bathroom in order to ensure that even the spores that are too small to see are killed by spraying bleach on them. If you have mold problems in your living room or bedroom, you can also use this bleach solution.

Be careful when you are spraying the bleach solution that it doesn’t come into contact with any fabrics that it could bleach. You also want to make sure that you don’t mistakenly spray your own clothes that you are wearing with the bleach. You should wear a dirty t-shirt and some old pants when applying the bleach spray to your home.

#3: Scrubbing

You also want to use scrubbing in order to get rid of the mold in your home. You can take a scrubber brush and scrub the area where there is mold after you apply the bleach. You should then rinse off this area.

This works because it actually manually removes the mold spores that are present in the mold patch. You will find that this is a very effective way to get rid of mold, as long as you use it in conjunction with the bleach solution. Make sure that the scrubber you use will not leave any color or residue on the area that you are scrubbing.

For example, do not use a regular dish sponge, because the green from the dish sponge could rub off on the paint on the walls or on the bathroom tile. Rather, you should use a plain white sponge and really scrub to get the mold off.

#2: Using Essential Oils

Certain essential oils actually clean the air of microbes. You can purchase an essential oil diffuser and put an essential oil like tea tree oil or eucalyptus in the diffuser. Both of these essential oils are antimicrobial and as they vaporize into the air, they help to rid the air of microscopic mold spores. Essential oils cannot be consumed, they are for external use only.

Essential oils are truly useful in helping to get rid of mold, because they purify the air itself so that the spores cannot travel around in the room and spread.

#1: Dehumidifier

Another way to get rid of mold is to use a dehumidifier in any one of your rooms. Whichever room has the most mold problems, you should use a dehumidifier in that room. Dehumidifiers are very easy to use and they just involve plugging them into the wall. Why does using a dehumidifier help to get rid of mold?

Mold can only grow in areas that are moist and warm. When you use a dehumidifier, you are taking the moisture out of the air. This makes it so the habitat in your home is not one that mold spores can live in. If mold spores become too dry, they will die. This is the goal of using a dehumidifier. The idea is that you dry out the air so that molds cannot thrive.

Dehumidifiers also happen to be good for the health. They help the inhabitants of the house to breathe easier and improve respiratory health overall. Using a dehumidifier will help improve your respiratory health because it will get rid of the mold spores in your living area. You will breathe easier, air that is dry and easy to ingest. The dehumidifier is a wonderful tool for ridding your home of mold because it works very quickly, as well. Within a couple weeks of using a dehumidifier, you will find that the mold spores will start to disappear.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *